My adventures as a temporary reporter in Monroe, Louisiana.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Final Udipi Run

So the plans are final. There's no turning back now.

Tomorrow morning at 11:12, I leave for Monroe, Louisiana, where I'll be spending the next six weeks. I've never been this far south of the Mason-Dixon line before, and I'm not really sure what to expect out of this whole ordeal.

Last week, I'd never even heard of Monroe, Louisiana. Now, I'll be living there for the next six weeks. Crazy.

Kelley and I went to my favorite restaurant last night, Udipi. I'll miss you Udipi and your delicious, vegetarian Indian food. The food seemed extra wonderful, especially the vegetable and mushroom curry. This dish makes me reconsider my Switzerland like attitude to mushrooms. The mango lassies at the end we're perfectly sweet. The best in KC. It may be six weeks until I can eat again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home